Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer 2008

Summer 2008
This summer is going to end for me very soon. I am driving back to Idaho on the 30th of this month. This has been such a memorable summer though. These are a few of the things I got to do:
-Wisconsin trip with Stef: We went to apply for a medical study. We were both turned down but it proved to be something we really needed. She needed me and I needed her and we were really able to help each other out so much.


-Virginia: I went to Virginia with my mom and aunt and 4 kids ages 6 and under…haha. It was an adventure. We stayed at my Aunt Linda’s and I was able to spend time with my cousin Angela. My friend, Charlie, lives about 45 min away from my aunt, so he came and picked me up and I was able to go stay the night with him in Buena Vista where SVU is.











-Blanchard Springs, Arkansas: My singles branch took a trip to the caverns in Blanchard Springs. They were amazing and it was such a fun road trip consisting of Josh, San, me, and Meg. We had an absolute blast!


Six Flags St Louis: F*U*N!! haha!! I had the best time ever with Sandra, Megan, and Callie. We left at 6 in the morning on a Sat and didn’t get home until 5 in the morning on Sunday. We road all the fun roller coasters and had an absolute blast in the water park. I really enjoy these trips with San!


-Memphis: I have been to Memphis most weekends for my singles branch and I have met some really cool guys…the APX boys…ahaha! They are going to school in Utah and at BYU-I, so I will be able to keep in touch with them…not to mention they are soo cute!











-RAIN!!: In Idaho, we don’t get too much rain, so I made the most of the rain here. I love the thunderstorms and lightning! Me and Meg woke up to it raining and went outside and took a jog in the rain…in our swim suits  We are silly girls!


-Nanny Job: I have been paid all summer to be the mom. I have worked for Richard, a single dad who has two kids. Kevin is 14 and Emily is 12. I only had one at time until this month. I have had both this month. I get paid to cook, drive, and do light cleaning. It has been a good summer job. It has made me appreciate my beautiful mother even more. She is AMAZING!!! I am glad I got to do it for the summer, but I am ready to move on now.

It really has been such a memorable summer. It has been one that I really needed. My testimony of the gospel has been strengthened and I find myself loving the scriptures more and more everyday! I am so glad that I chose to come home for the summer. It really has been so much fun seeing my sweet family. They never fail to amaze me. They are the most wonderful people in the whole world. I would be lost without them!

2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Amen to your family being AMAZING. I completely agree. I loved this blog. You traveled more than I thought and visited a few states. Made me think what states I've visited this year, and I was even counting Illinois (is that where ya'll got lost?). It's been a pretty good year.

Renee and Jake said...

I can not believe it is time for you to leave again.