Friday, August 29, 2008

I Miss Back When...



When I was younger, my siblings and I lived way out in the country. The woods were our very own playground. We knew every path, every stream, and every shortcut to get to a new adventure. My neighbor has tons and tons of land and we would always to refer to it as the fields. The fields use to be full of fruit trees: peach trees, apple trees, etc. There was an old barn and we use to go in that barn to the second story and jump into the hay on the first story! What a thrill is was!! There was a lake that we use to fish and swim in. My brothers use to hunt in the woods. They really were the best of times...before cell phones, internet, and other modern items. These years were the happiest of my life. I recently went back to visit these old familiar places, except...they had changed so tremendously. I took some pictures and hope they show a little bit of what Tennessee truly means to me. These were the times of simplicity and innocence...
The Barn...


Old Dirt Roads...


The Lake...



Our Chicken Pin and some of the animals...


PS All these pictures are ones that I took. None of been copied and pasted...Peace!

4 comments:

Renee and Jake said...

I love these pictures. I am glad you came home for the summer but hate it ended so soon.I love you.

Sandra and Brent said...

Love the pictures.

Scottie said...

I remember my old stomping grounds that my brother and I used to haunt... It is amazing how things change when you go back to them.

Carrie Ann said...

Nothing is ever the same as we remember it, because our memories are emotional too. The picture were great. It'll make anyone long for our lovely Tennessee. Love You.