Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Meant to Be

Those words are so cliche and to be completely honest, I dont believe in them. This is not me being bitter. I am absolutely great, actually. What I believe in is things are going to have to work one way or another. When there is an obstacle in your way, you are going to have to work around it. Situations can have an impact on the way you feel, but overall, happiness is a conscious decision. I want to consciously be happy and know that I am living my life in a way that I can look back on one day and be proud of. Lately I have been thinking about going on a mission. I feel so weird saying that, especially because I am a girl. I do not want people to think that I want to do this because things didnt work out with a boy. I have always thought going on a mission would be incredible and I think it would be greatly beneficial. I have a gift with people and I want to use it to help them and show my love for them.
Anyway, I have been keeping myself pretty busy with school work and my friends. I love my roommies and neighbors and we seriously have so much fun together. I am a fun lover. Welp, people were getting on to me for not blogging recently and this is all for now. Much love! -Chare

3 comments:

Amy Eaton said...

I think that is awesome Charity! I have always wished that I would have had the opportunity to serve a mission (I hope Mike and I will some day) and even though I was married young I truly know that I was supposed to marry that crazy brother of yours :) But I would've loved to have the experiences of a mission and to be able to devote time to studying the gospel would be so awesome. You are great with people and if the "boy" is the right one he is still young maybe he will still be around when you get back if not you will have fun trying to figure out what will be the next thing for you. I think that it is hard as women to feel like we have to live our lives around men: who we should marry? and the when we do get married we live where they can get a job? To often people in the church jump to the conclusion the sisters serve missions because they had no offers But I do believe that they are people out there that will only be reached if we have sisters who are willing to serve. It is just has much of a sacrifice for you to put your life on hold has it is for the brethren. Sorry, I am going on and on but I really think that you could be one of those sisters. I guess you have some time to think it over you will know what to do. Love you!

Renee and Jake said...

Missions are great but you still have time. Enjoy life. What is meant to happen will happen. We do not always know the big picture. I had no intention of ever serving a mission but it has been one of the greatest experiences in my life and brought me the greatest blessings in my life.

Scottie said...

Charity... You would be a great missionary! Best advice I can give you is this: if you are thinking of serving a full time mission, start by being a great member missionary. Invite the missionaries in your area over and ask them to teach you a lesson on how you can be a better missionary.

Take it from me, full time missionaries LOVE to see that sort of enthusiasm from the members.