Monday, March 9, 2009

Starting Today...


I wanted to put up a post that I could look at when I needed a little encouragement or a little something to remind me where I need to be.
Starting today...right now, I am going to love those around me. Everyone...the ones that drive me crazy or the ones that make me want to scream, I am going to search for the good qualities and not only am I going to try to see those things, I WILL see those things.
Starting today....I am going to be slower to anger. I can have a temper sometimes and sometimes I just need to breath. I am not going to let little things set me off and if something is about to upset me, I am going to count slow and evaluate the situation. I am going to try to see things from different angles.
Starting today...I am going to put more effort in to my school work. I am going to try to get things done and not procrastinate and start caring more. I want to be able to accomplish my dreams and I know that in order for that to happen, I am going to work harder and do better than I have been.
Starting today...I am going to be a better sister, daughter, friend, aunt, roommie, etc. I can only do this if I am doing what I can to be the best me. I want to let my parents know how much they mean to me and I dont want my siblings or anyone else in my family or my friends to think I take them for granted...which brings me to my next point.
Starting today...I am going to appreciate people more. I love people, but I am guilty of taking them for granted sometimes. You never know when you are going to lose someone, so it is important to always appreciate them for who they are. Everyone has something to contribute. I love that we are all different and we can each spice life up a little!
Starting today...I am going to be more honest...To myself and to others. When I feel something, I am going to say it. I am going to strive for that integrity that a lot of people spend their whole lives searching for. I want that peaceful feeling when I am all alone and nobody else is around to influence how I feel.
Starting today...I am going to enjoy life. I do enjoy life, dont get me wrong! I just want to not take it for granted either. I dont want to sleep my life away. I want to make everything a little bit more meaningful. I want to love who I am and everything I do! I want to be able to look back on what is going on now when I am 45 and realize that everything I did taught me something. I am going to make the most out of this life!!
There is always room for improvement and I recommend that those of you who read this make your own "starting today" list and figure out what you want to do starting today. Remember, too often tomorrow's turn into wasted yesterdays....I think that is a quote by Pres Monson in so many words....Dont let that be you! Have a great week and I love yall!!

Oh and by the way, the picture at the top is from our toilet overflowed and I thought it was the most hilarious thing in the whole world...Im not the one who clogged it, but I helped with the cleanup effort. I dont think I have ever laughed that hard over a flooded toilet!! hahaha!!

4 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Thanks for sharing today and good luck. They all are great things to do but at times they will be hard.

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

You need to come visit me!

Renee and Jake said...

Great outlook on life

Anonymous said...

I think you're doing a good job. And that was funny, but stinky. I slept with my window open that night.