Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TWENTY!!!!!!

Today, is my birthday. I am officially 20 years old. My parents no longer have any teenagers! For my 20, I am going to make a list of 20 things I want to improve on. I will try to focus on bettering myself in these areas:
1. Reading my scriptures. I could be so much more faithful in doing this and I really want to try to be more actively involved in studying them.
2. Serving those around me. It really is the best way to show someone you care and I really value people and relationships in general.
3. Being serious when I need to be. I am so use to just laughing things off that I sometimes dont take into consideration the feelings of people around me.
4. Study harder!! I am going to study so that I can get the grades I need to...Dental Hygiene here I come!!
5. Cleaning my room. I want my room to look better throughout the week!!
6. Letting my family know how much I care about them. I think I have improved on this, but there are no people more special to me than my family. I love them so much and I am so grateful that I have them for eternity!!!
7. Budgeting. I am going to budget more wisely!
8. My sensitivity. I have been really sensitive to some stuff in the past and these are things Im not going to let bother me.
9. Loving me. I want to learn to love myself unconditionally. Who cares if I am not the smartest or prettiest girl in the world? I want to be happy with me and who I am.
10. Im going to take a spanish class!! I love spanish so much and want to learn to really use it.
11. Plan ahead. I am so spontaneous and usually just go with the flow so I am going to try to be more prepared.
12. Exercise. I want to at least work out 5 days a week. I am loving the school's gym!
13. Fulfill my calling. I kind of put previous callings on the back burner so I want to do all that I can to totally fulfill the things I need to get done.
14. Live without fear. Why should I have fears? What is the worst thing that could happen anyway? I know that no matter what, I can always perservere.
15. Write my missionary friends. I need to support them and let them know how proud I am!!
16. Blog...yes, I am going to try to keep this more updated.
17. Prioritize....I need to evaluate what is important.
18. NOPROCRASTINATING!! I am not going to put things off!!
19. Live for the tomorrow. I am going to let go of yesterdays and focus on what I can do to live happier in the future.
20. LIVE!!!!! I am going to be me. You know, KEEP IT REAL!

3 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Good luck with all of those things. I think they are all things we are each working on. We steadily become better at these things.

Amy Eaton said...

Charity you are really an inspiring young women! I have been trying to be better also but not overwhlem myself with being perfect.

Renee and Jake said...

Those are great things to go for but do not beat yourself up if it does not happen at once, bettering ourselves is a gradual process. It took me years to grow out of being mean.