Monday, May 3, 2010

What a Wonderful Week!


Things were looking a little bleak for a few weeks, but let me tell you how things have shaped up. I have had the best past week. It was seriously wonderful. First of all, I called the University of Tennessee and told them about my situation and they were so understanding. They told me that it would be in my best interest and the baby's if I took a year off and deferred until next year. I really was not expecting that, but I wrote a letter asking to defer. Then, later in the week, I got a phone call from my doctor's office saying that I had won the drawing for a free one hour massage and lots of cute handmade flower clips for my hair. I was on cloud nine. My chances of winning were slim considering all of rexburg goes to my doctor and I only put my name in once. Michael had asked me if Robert and I could come down and spend the night with the kids on Saturday so he and Amy could go to Salt Lake. I said yes, and only a few days later he called and told me that his in-laws were coming to town so he couldnt go. He offered his hotel room to Robert and me. We went to Salt Lake and had so much fun!! On the way there, we stopped to get gas and saw a little barbeque stand. It was so delicious! If the sauce had been different, it would have been memphis-good. We mainly did things on Temple Square, but it was fantastic. I ran into Amy's cousin, Sister Alex Warner, which was a fun little surprise. Then, we went to dinner at The Garden restaurant. It is on the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith memorial building and it overlooks the temple. It was so pretty. I talked to the manager for a while and found out that her son is in memphis going to school. She brought us free fried pickles and they were so yummy. It was seriously the best part of the meal. After dinner, it was raining and we needed to get back to our hotel. We walked in the rain, but it was not too bad. I enjoyed it. I have had the best week :)

1 comment:

Amy Eaton said...

Glad that you had a good time;)